Week 4 brings us a battle of the two worst teams in the NFL, as the 0-3 Chicago Bears host the 0-3 Denver Broncos.
Both teams look for their first win of the season and avoid the dark, embarrassing hole of 0-4.
Click here for more Week 4 game previews.
Date: Sunday, Oct. 1, 2023
Start Time: 1:00 p.m. EST
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Stadium: Soldier Field
TV Info: CBS, NFL+ (Chicago and Denver areas only), NFL Game Pass, NFL Sunday Ticket
Radio Info: ESPN 1000 (AM 1000, 100.3 FM HD2), LATINO MIX 93.5 FM (Spanish), SiriusXM (channels 81 or 227)
Odds courtesy of DraftKings.
Point Spread: DEN -3.5 (-118) | CHI+3.5 (-102)
Moneyline: DEN (-166) | CHI (+140)
Over/Under: O/U 46.5 (-110)
The Broncos head into this game as the favorites to get their first win over the Bears.
The Bears are coming off an embarrassing 41-10 loss against the Kansas City Chiefs. The team looks deflated and disengaged in every facet; drama with the team is coming out daily, and the franchise is in a dark place. They host the Broncos as underdogs despite Denver having 70 points scored on them last week. It’ll be challenging for the Bears to bounce back from their terrible start, but a win against the Broncos would be a good start.
Record vs. Denver: 8-8
Most Recent Victory vs. Denver: 09/15/2019, won 16-14
Record in 2023: 0-3
Notable Injuries: CB Kyler Gordon (IR), OL Teven Jenkins (IR), DB Josh Blackwell (IR), OL Braxton Jones (IR), CB Jaylon Johnson (out), S Eddie Jackson (out), RB Travis Homer (Questionable)
X-Factors: The entire team, coaching included
- DE Yannick Ngakoue had 1.5 sacks in his last game vs. Denver (10/6/22 w/ Indianapolis Colts).
- WR Chase Claypool had five catches for 130 yards & rec. TD in his last game vs. Denver (10/10/21 w/ Pittsburgh Steelers)
- WR D.J. Moore Had four catches for 103 yards & rec. TD in his only career game vs. Denver (11/27/22 w/Carolina Panthers).
- The Bears’ defense has the least amount of sacks in the league with one.
- The Bears have allowed the 5th most yards in the league on defense with 1222
The Denver Broncos are coming off of what could be their most embarrassing loss in team history. The 70-20 loss and 0-3 start are results the team never believed could happen; now they’re in panic mode. Their only choice now is to try and right the ship. If they don’t win, though, sights will quickly change to the 2024 NFL Draft for Denver.
Record vs. Chicago: 8-8
Most Recent Victory vs. Chicago: 11/22/2015, won 17-15
Record in 2023: 0-3
Notable Injuries: DE Frank Clark (out), LB Josey Jewell (out), DT Mike Purcell (out), S Justin Simmons (Questionable), TE Greg Dulcich (IR)
X-Factors: Defense, Defensive Coordinator Vance Joseph, Head Coach Sean Payton, QB Russell Wilson
- QB Russell Wilson Has 7 TDs, 1 INT, with a 98.7 rating in 4 career starts vs. Chicago
- WR Jerry Jeudy Has 5+ catches in 6 of his past seven games
- The Broncos have allowed the 2nd most yards in the league on defense with 1375
- The Broncos’ defense has allowed the most rushing touchdowns (7) and the 2nd most rushing yards (533) in the league
Main Image Credit:
Embed from Getty Images