Former New England Patriots wide receiver Antonio Brown is going after an obscene amount of money.
Per Adam Schefter, Brown is filing a record-setting $61 million grievance against the National Football League.
Antonio Brown is poised to file an NFL-record nine grievances and appeals to try to recoup upwards of $61 million, per sources.https://t.co/IampYpYd72
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 29, 2019
The grievances against the Patriots are as follows as reported at ESPN.
• New England Patriots‘ salary guarantee: $1 million
• Patriots signing bonus: $9 million
• Patriots’ unpaid Week 3 salary: $64,000
• Patriots’ option year in 2020: $20 million
Brown is also trying to recoup lost money from the Oakland Raiders.
Fine appeals with the Oakland Raiders: $215,000
• Salary guarantees with Oakland: $29 million
• Signing bonus with Raiders: $1 million
• Oakland’s unpaid Week 1 salary: $860,000