Mason Thompson | March 26th, 2020
We are now to the third and final round of my third mock draft of the year. There have been a lot of picks swapped from the first round and a lot of premier players are off the board but a lot of players that could find themselves in key roles on teams are still available. Cincinnati is on the clock with the 65th pick.
You can read the first round of this mock here and the second round here.
65. Cincinnati Bengals – Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU
Reagor falls to Cincinnati at the top of round three due to drop issues.
66. Washington Redskins – KJ Hamler, WR, Penn State
Two similar receivers drop to the top of the third round due to similar concerns of drops and physicality. Hamler should fit well in Washington.
67. New Orleans Saints (via Detroit) – Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State
The Saints lost Eli Apple last week to Las Vegas. Here is a potential replacement.
68. New York Jets – Van Jefferson, WR, Florida
The Jets added Breshad Perriman on Tuesday but Jefferson is a steal here at the top of the third round.
69. Carolina Panthers – Marlon Davidson, DL, Auburn
The Panthers traded out when they could’ve had Derrick Brown. In the third round, they snag his teammate, Davidson.
70. Miami Dolphins – Kyle Dugger, S, Lenoir-Rhyne
Brian Flores loves versatile linebackers and he gets one here with Dugger, who can play safety or linebacker. Dugger will now line up opposite of first-round selection, Xavier McKinney.
71. Los Angeles Chargers – Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise State
Cleveland has been talked about as a sneaky first-round pick, but I don’t see it. The Chargers scoop him up in the third.
72. Arizona Cardinals – Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia
I am a big fan of Wilson and like the idea of him going to Arizona to help Kyler Murray.
73. Jacksonville Jaguars – K.J. Hill, WR, Ohio State
Gardner Minshew needs some help outside of DJ Chark. Bring in Hill to help him out.
74. Cleveland Browns – Jeremy Chinn, S, Southern Illinois
The Browns have done great in this draft, attacking their three biggest needs in the first three rounds. They round out this three-round mock with Mekhi Becton, Willie Gay, and now Chinn.
75. Indianapolis Colts – Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame
Indianapolis finally adds another receiver to add along with T.Y. Hilton, Zach Pascal, and Parris Campbell by selecting Claypool.
76. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Jacob Eason, QB, Washington
While Tom Brady says he will play a few more years, the Buccaneers don’t have another quarterback on the roster besides Ryan Griffin, who has developed but has suffered injuries in the last few years. Add Eason to compete with Griffin for the backup role.
77. Denver Broncos – Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio State
The Broncos have a ton of intriguing options behind A.J. Bouye and Bryce Callahan and add another interesting piece in Arnette.
78. Atlanta Falcons – Quartney Davis, WR, Texas A&M
Laquon Treadwell is not capable of being a team’s third receiver. Add Davis to the duo of Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley and let Matt Ryan pick apart defenses.
79. New York Jets – Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame
The first tight end goes with the 79th pick. The Jets have to help Sam Darnold any way possible.
80. Las Vegas Raiders – Darnay Holmes, CB, UCLA
The Raiders continue to build their secondary by adding Holmes.
81. Las Vegas Raiders – Netane Muti, IOL, Fresno State
While Richie Incognito has been retained, he isn’t getting any younger so Muti comes in to learn from one of the game’s better guards.
82. Dallas Cowboys – Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma
Dak Prescott signed the franchise tag but the Cowboys continued to spend a ton of money this offseason. It is still unknown what Prescott wants, so the Cowboys get an insurance option in case he leaves by adding Hurts.
83. Denver Broncos – Ben Bartch, OT, St. John
Garett Bolles is inconsistent and the Broncos add another option at tackle by adding Bartch in the third round.
84. Los Angeles Rams – Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB, Appalachian State
The Rams lost Cory Littleton to the Raiders, so they add another cover linebacker to the fold in Davis-Gaither, who used to play safety.
85. Detroit Lions – Tyler Biadasz, IOL, Wisconsin
The Lions attempt to find a replacement for Graham Glasgow by adding Biadasz who has fallen this far due to injury concerns.
86. Buffalo Bills – Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU
Buffalo adds another running back to pair with Devin Singletary. Buffalo is becoming the most complete team in the AFC East.
87. New England Patriots – Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton
The Patriots get their next Rob Gronkowski by adding Trautman who will help whoever starts at quarterback for New England next year.
88. Seattle Seahawks (via New Orleans) – Nick Harris, IOL, Washington
Seattle adds another offensive lineman, this time staying in Washington by adding Harris.
89. Minnesota Vikings – Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia
The Vikings double down on cornerback after taking Jeff Gladney in round one by taking Hall in the third round.
90. Houston Texans – Bradlee Anae, EDGE, Utah
The Texans add a pass rush option late in the third round to line up opposite and learn from J.J. Watt.
91. Las Vegas Raiders – Michael Pittman Jr, WR, USC
The Raiders double down on receiver after taking Laviska Shenault in the first round by adding Pittman.
92. Baltimore Ravens – Khalid Kareem, EDGE, Notre Dame
The Ravens have lost a ton of edge rushers in free agency and finally try to rebuild that spot by adding Kareem.
93. Tennessee Titans – Jack Driscoll, OT, Auburn
Tennessee lost Jack Conklin to Cleveland last week but add another Jack by adding Driscoll in the third round.
94. Green Bay Packers – Devin Duvernay, WR, Texas
The Packers double down on day two receivers by adding Duvernay to go along with Brandon Aiyuk. Green Bay is devoid of a slot receiver on the roster and finds one late in the third round.
95. Denver Broncos – Rashard Lawrence, DL, LSU
The Broncos add more depth to their defensive line in the third round.
96. Kansas City Chiefs – Cam Akers, RB, Florida State
The Chiefs add another running back to screw with fantasy football player’s minds.
97. Cleveland Browns – Amik Robertson, CB, Louisiana Tech
Cleveland added Kevin Johnson in free agency and still add another option by adding Robertson.
98. New England Patriots – Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota
Johnson is a top receiver in this class if it weren’t for off the field issues. Bill Belichick should find some way to get him back on track to pair with N’Keal Harry and Julian Edelman.
99. New York Giants – Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland
The Giants added Dion Lewis this week but still should think about a running back to take the load off of Saquon Barkley.
100. New England Patriots – Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia
Fromm and Jarrett Stidham are similar players, both of who I loved in the draft process. The Patriots say they will roll with Stidham but if Fromm is here, he should be the selection.
101. Seattle Seahawks – Alohi Gilman, S, Notre Dame
The Seahawks add another option to their secondary.
102. Pittsburgh Steelers – Robert Hunt, IOL, Louisiana
With Ramon Foster retiring, left guard is a spot the Steelers could address and Hunt could sit behind the recently added Stefen Wisniewski for the first year or two.
103. Philadelphia Eagles – Brandon Jones, S, Texas
Even after adding Will Parks, the Eagles could use more safety depth in case Jalen Mills playing safety is a failed experiment.
104. Los Angeles Rams – Eno Benjamin, RB, Arizona State
The Rams get a running back to help fill the void left by Todd Gurley.
105. Minnesota Vikings – Damien Lewis, IOL, LSU
The Vikings offensive line has gotten better, but it still needs work.
106. Baltimore Ravens – Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU
After trading Hayden Hurst, the Ravens have a hole at their second tight end spot. The Ravens use multiple tight end sets more than anyone in the league. Moss is a great run blocker that should help him get selected higher than most expect.
Questions and comments?
Follow Us on Twitter @thescorecrow
Follow Us on Reddit at u/TheScorecrow
Follow Us on Facebook at The Scorecrow
Follow Us on Instagram at The Scorecrow
Facebook Group where you can read and post articles at The Scorecrow
Reddit Group where everyone can post without fear of being banned at The Scorecrow
Follow Mason Thompson on Twitter @Thompson22Mason
Main Credit Image:
[getty src=”1052082430″ width=”594″ height=”396″ tld=”com”]