Week 2 Recap: Baltimore Ravens vs. Houston Texans

Week 2 Recap: Baltimore Ravens vs. Houston Texans

by September 21, 2020 1 comment

The Baltimore Ravens and Houston Texans faced off for the 11th time Sunday afternoon in Week 2 of the 2020 NFL season.  They extended the all-time lead in the series to 9-2 after dominating the Texans in the 33-16 victory at NRG Stadium in Houston. Ka’imi Fairbairn and his three field-goal scores kept the Texans alive as the Baltimore defense stopped the offensive line all but one time.

The First Half

The Texans started the game with possession of the ball and were unable to convert it into any points as they went three and out. The Ravens also were unable to convert their first possession into any points on the board. The first points didn’t come until the Ravens’ second possession when Justin Tucker put a 32-yard field goal through the posts with just over a minute left in the first quarter.

In the next Baltimore possession, the Ravens put a touchdown up when Lamar Jackson connected with Patrick Ricard for a one-yard touchdown score and extended the lead 10-0 with just under 13 minutes left to play in the first half.

Houston returned in the next possession and put up their own touchdown when Deshaun Watson hit Darren Fells for the 10-yard score and closed the gap in the score to three, 10-7. The Ravens answered in their next possession with another field goal kick by Tucker, this time for 39 yards and extended the score, 13-7.

The Ravens took possession of the ball in the following Houston possession after Keke Coutee fumbled a catch from Watson and the L.J. Fort recovered the ball and took it for a 22-yard fumble recovery touchdown, 20-7 with 5:26 on the clock. In the very next Texans possession, the ball was intercepted by Marcus Peters, resulting in the second consecutive turnover for Houston.

The Ravens were unable to convert the interception into any points on the board and Houston finished out their last possession of the first half with a 44-yard field goal by Ka’imi Fairbairn. The Ravens held on to a ten-point lead headed into halftime, 20-10.

The Second Half

Baltimore opened the second half of the game with possession of the ball, and after a lengthy opening drive that lasted over eight and a half minutes, Tucker put a 47-yard field goal through the posts and extended the lead by three more, 23-10.

The Texans also had a lengthy opening possession, lasting 12 plays and closing out the end of the third quarter.  They finished the play at the start of the fourth quarter with another field goal kick by Fairbairn, this time for 35 yards and closing the lead ten points, 23-13.

The Ravens came back in their next drive and put a touchdown on the books after Mark Ingram II took a direct snap 30 yards for the score, extending the lead by another seven points, 30-13. Baltimore’s defensive line wouldn’t let the Texans return for a touchdown in the next drive.  Watson was sacked twice in this possession (three times total) and Fairbairn kicked another field goal, this time for 45 yards.

Baltimore answered in the next possession when Tucker kicked a 20-yard field goal through the posts and extended the lead even further, 33-16. The Texans were unable to put any points up in their next possession and Watson was sacked for the fourth time.  The Ravens finished out the game by kneeling in every play of the last drive and decisively defeating Houston, 33-16.


The Ravens will face the Kansas City Chiefs at home in Baltimore next week and the Texans will travel to Pittsburgh to face the Steelers.

Check us out on our socials: 

Twitter: @PTSTNews and @TalkPrimeTime
Facebook Page: Prime Time Sports Talk
Join our Facebook Group: Prime Time Sports Talk 
Instagram: @ptsportstalk

Follow Celeste Sabin on Twitter @CelesteSabin

Main Image Credit: Embed from Getty Images

1 Comment so far

Jump into a conversation

Leave a Reply