Fantasy Football News & Views: Week 13 Last Looks
Oct 17, 2019; Denver, CO, USA; Kansas City Chiefs running back LeSean McCoy (25) warms up before the game against the Denver Broncos at Empower Field at Mile High. Mandatory Credit: Isaiah J. Downing-USA TODAY Sports
Fantasy Football News & Views posts twice weekly: Warmup kick-starts your fantasy football planning, and Last Looks makes sure you’re ready to roll out your rosters.
The three games played on Thanksgiving Day have come and gone. Give thanks if you went with the studs that jump-started your Week 13, including quarterbacks Dak Prescott, Drew Brees and Josh Allen, running backs Ezekiel Elliott and David Montgomery, wide receivers Allen Robinson and Amari Cooper, the Saints’ defense, and kicker Wil Lutz. If this bountiful trend continues, Sunday should be a feast to rival your turkey day dinner.
But first, make sure your studs are active. Here are some players of note to monitor as kickoff approaches:
Chiefs running back Damien Williams (ribs) will be inactive. Chiefs will likely turn to LeSean McCoy and Darrel Williams to cover the backfield.
Colts wide receiver T.Y. Hilton (calf) won’t play. Receivers Zach Pascal, Marcus Johnson, Chester Rogers and possibly Parris Campbell (hand) will see additional opportunities with Hilton out. Tight end Jack Doyle is expected to be targeted heavily as well.
49ers running back Matt Breida returned to limited practice on Wednesday and Thursday, but he won’t play Sunday, giving Raheem Mostert more touches.
Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) cleared the concussion protocol earlier this week, but his knee injury from Week 11 is still bothering him. James Washington and Diontae Johnson will be new starting quarterback Devlin Hodges’ top two options for Week 13.
Giants wide receiver Golden Tate (concussion) is inactive, so receivers Sterling Shepard and Darius Slayton will be the top options this week with Tate out, with Cody Latimer expected to take the No. 3 role.
Giants tight end Evan Engram (foot) joins Tate on the inactive list. Running back Saquon Barkley could see an increase in touches.
Eagles running back Jordan Howard (shoulder) has been ruled out for Week 13, which means fantasy owners should start Miles Sanders.
Rams tight end Gerald Everett (knee) has been ruled out for Week 13, which could leave Tyler Higbee in an every-down role.
UPDATE: Steelers running back James Conner (shoulder) is INACTIVE Sunday versus the Browns. Benny Snell will be the team’s lead option (beware Jaylen Samuels).
Vikings wide receiver Adam Thielen did practice this week, which suggests he is on track to play. The Vikings go against the Seahawks on Monday night, though, so fantasy owners will need to take that into consideration when setting their lineups.
Eagles tight end Zach Ertz (hamstring) is questionable for Sunday’s game against the Dolphins but will try to play.
Hopefully, by this point, you know to start your mega studs, even if they’ve had a bad week or two, so don’t get too cocky with your waiver wire pickups.
- Aaron Rodgers, Packers (vs. Giants)
- Jameis Winston, Buccaneers (vs. Jaguars)
- Kyler Murray, Cardinals (vs. Rams)
- Sam Darnold, Jets (vs. Bengals)
- Carson Wentz, Eagles (vs. Dolphins)
- Philip Rivers, Chargers (vs. Broncos)
- Jimmy Garoppolo, 49ers (vs. Ravens)
- Baker Mayfield, Browns (vs. Steelers)
- Daniel Jones, Giants (vs. Packers)
- Andy Dalton, Bengals (vs. Jets)
- Phillip Lindsay, Broncos (vs. Chargers)
- Miles Sanders, Eagles (vs. Dolphins)
- Jonathan Williams, Colts (vs. Titans)
- Benny Snell, Steelers (vs. Browns)
- Derrius Guice, Redskins (vs. Panthers)
- David Johnson, Cardinals (vs. Rams)
- Jaylen Samuels, Steelers (vs. Browns)
- Carlos Hyde, Texans (vs. Patriots)
- Tevin Coleman, 49ers (vs. Ravens)
- Rashaad Penny, Seahawks (vs. Vikings)
- D.J. Chark, Jaguars (vs. Buccaneers)
- Jarvis Landry, Browns (vs. Steelers)
- Jamison Crowder, Jets (vs. Bengals)
- DeVante Parker, Dolphins (vs. Eagles)
- Chris Conley, Jaguars (vs. Buccaneers)
- Courtland Sutton, Broncos (vs. Chargers)
- Emmanuel Sanders, 49ers (vs. Ravens)
- Marquise Brown, Ravens (vs. 49ers)
- Mike Williams, Chargers (vs. Broncos)
- Hunter Henry, Chargers (vs. Broncos)
- Mark Andrews, Ravens (vs. 49ers)
- Darren Waller, Raiders (vs. Chiefs)
- Jack Doyle, Colts (vs. Titans)
- Jacob Hollister, Seahawks (vs. Vikings)
- Jimmy Graham, Packers (vs. Giants)
- Noah Fant, Broncos (vs. Chargers)
- Vance McDonald, Steelers (vs. Browns)
- Mike Gesicki, Dolphins (vs. Eagles)
- Carolina Panthers (vs. Redskins)
- Philadelphia Eagles (vs. Dolphins)
- Green Bay Packers (vs. Giants)
- New York Jets (vs. Bengals)
- Pittsburgh Steelers (vs. Browns)
- Houston Texans (vs. Patriots)
- San Francisco 49ers (vs. Ravens)
- Kansas City Chiefs (vs. Raiders)
- Tennessee Titans (vs. Colts)
- Mike Badgley, Chargers (vs. Broncos)
- Mason Crosby, Packers (vs. Giants)
- Josh Lambo, Jaguars (vs. Buccaneers)
- Jason Myers, Seahawks (vs. Vikings)
- Ka’imi Fairbairn, Texans (vs. Patriots)
- Austin Seibert, Browns (vs. Steelers)
- Brandon McManus, Broncos (vs. Chargers)
- Daniel Carlson, Raiders (vs. Chiefs)
Good luck with your Week 13 selections, and don’t forget to check back next week for more fantasy news and views.