Defense, defense, defense. A week chock full of interior damage, interceptions and fumbles.
Low scoring games or games full of defensive scoring, as it seemed offensives took a step back in Week 4. Patrick Mahomes and Tom Brady showing no offensive touchdowns for the first time all year.
Some dominant teams took ugly loses or came close to that. Week 4 was nothing but boring even without the explosive offenses that fans are used to seeing.
Here are the week five power rankings:
- The New England Patriots (4-0) (Last Week: 1): Defense is better than the Offense.
- Kansas City Chiefs (4-0) (Last Week: 3): Too close for comfort.
- Los Angeles Rams (3-1) (Last Week: 2): Ugly Offense + Ugly Defense = Ugly Loss.
- Dallas Cowboys (3-1) (Last Week: 4): Not as bad as many think.
- New Orleans Saints (3-1) (Last Week: 8): Defense, Defense, Defense.
- Green Bay Packers (3-1) (Last Week: 5): In over their head.
- Chicago Bears (3-1) (Last Week: 9): One Quarterback away from title.
- Baltimore Ravens (2-2) (Last Week: 6): Too good to drop lower.
- Houston Texans (2-2) (Last Week: 7): Offense took a vacation.
- Seattle Seahawks (3-1) (Last Week: 10): Beat the Cardinals, congrats.
- San Francisco 49ers (3-0) (Last Week: 12): Did not have a turnover this week (bye week).
- Detroit Lions (2-1-1) (Last Week: 15): Very impressed by their defense.
- Buffalo Bills (3-1) (Last Week: 14): Could have won by running the ball.
- Cleveland Browns (2-2) (Last Week: 16): Getting better but still disorganized.
- Indianapolis Colts (2-2) (Last Week:13): Slow start hurt them.
- Minnesota Vikings (2-2) (Last Week:11): Look into a better Quarterback.
- Los Angeles Chargers (2-2) (Last Week: 17): Hard to be excited for this win.
- Carolina Panthers (2-2) (Last Week: 19): https://twitter.com/ericsports/status/1175932937121828865
- Philadelphia Eagles (2-2) (Last Week: 18): Run the ball more often.
- Tennessee Titans (2-2) (Last Week: 20): How long can Mariota fool the Titans.
- Jacksonville Jaguars (2-2) (Last Week: 22): Leonard Fournette 225 rushing yards… 0 touchdowns.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-2) (Last Week: 25): Was the win against the Rams a fluke?
- The New York Giants (2-2) (Last Week: 28): You can’t fool me, 2-0 against bad teams.
- Atlanta Falcons (1-3) (Last Week: 21): Super Bowl window officially closed.
- Oakland Raiders (2-2) (Last Week: 27): Gruden Grinders came to play.
- Pittsburgh Steelers (1-3) (Last Week: 24): Mason Rudolph may have the locker room now.
- Arizona Cardinals (0-3-1) (Last Week: 23): What I expected all year.
- The New York Jets (0-3) (Last Week: 29): Bye week to rest injured players.
- Cincinnati Bengals (0-4) (Last Week: 31): There are worse teams.
- Washington Redskins (0-4) (Last Week: 26): Not the worst team, but close.
- Denver Broncos (0-4) (Last Week: 30): Bradley Chubbless and Winless.
- Miami Dolphins (0-4) (Last Week: 32): They have a point differential of -137.