Another week, another power ranking by yours truly. I have decided to switch things up again, and I am not just talking about switching teams. I will be sharing an idea that Colin Cowherd of FS1 (The Herd, with Colin Cowherd) uses in one of his segments.
This segment is called the three-word game, where he uses just three words to describe a team. He would later explain his reasoning to the words that he had chosen. However, there will be changes from Cowherd’s segment to better suit my power rankings. Instead of three words, I will be using several words to form a quick sentence.
Also, since I have yet been offered my own show or podcast I will not be explaining fully on why I used these words. But If you are interested in what I have to say about the teams, I will drop my Twitter (@NBADevereaux) so that I can explain my reasoning to the public.
With all this being said, here are the Week 3 Power Rankings:
1. New England Patriots (2-0) (Last Week: 1): This team could go undefeated.
2. Los Angeles Rams (2-0) (Last Week: 3): Beaten only injured Quarterbacks.
3. Kansas City Chiefs (2-0) (Last Week: 4): Patrick Mahomes looking for another MVP.
4. Dallas Cowboys (2-0) (Last Week: 6): Dak Prescott is looking for an extension.
5. Green Bay Packers (2-0) (Last Week: 10): Aaron Rodgers’ luck will eventually run out.
6. Baltimore Ravens (2-0) (Last Week: 7): Lamar Jackson is not a running back.
7. Los Angeles Chargers (1-1) (Last Week: 5): Underperforming until Week 6.
8. Houston Texans (1-1) (Last Week: 8): Deshaun Watson and DeAndre Hopkins only.
9. New Orleans Saints (1-1) (Last Week: 2): Drew Brees out for six to eight weeks.
10. Philadelphia Eagles (1-1) (Last Week: 11): Nelson Agholor lost them the game.
11. Seattle Seahawks (2-0) (Last Week: 12): Close games will haunt them.
12. Chicago Bears (1-1) (Last Week: 9): A defense can only win so many games.
13. San Francisco 49ers (2-0) (Last Week: 17): Not surprised, yet not committed.
14. Tennessee Titans (1-1) (Last Week: 16): Mediocrity at its finest.
15. Minnesota Vikings (1-1) (Last Week:13): Kirk Cousins was not the answer.
16. Cleveland Browns (1-1) (Last Week: 18): Baker Mayfield is going to have a sophomore slump.
17. Atlanta Falcons (1-1) (Last Week: 20): Stuck between bad and great.
18. Indianapolis Colts (1-1) (Last Week: 21): Surprisingly not terrible without Andrew Luck.
19. Buffalo Bills (2-0) (Last Week: 23): 2-0 against really bad teams.
20. Carolina Panthers (0-2) (Last Week: 14): Christian McCaffrey is the whole offense.
21. Pittsburgh Steelers (0-2) (Last Week: 15): Ben Roethlisberger out, Minkah Fitzpatrick in.
22. Jacksonville Jaguars (0-2) (Last Week: 19): Jalen Ramsey versus Doug Marrone.
23. Oakland Raiders (1-1) (Last Week 25): Raiders showing potential.
24. Detroit Lions (1-0-1) (Last Week: 30): Ugly win, and uglier tie.
25. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-1) (Last Week: 31): The win against the Panthers was a fluke.
26. Arizona Cardinals (0-1-1) (Last Week: 29): Kyler Murray is a one-quarter player.
27. Washington Redskins (0-2) (Last Week: 24): They at least show fight in games.
28. Denver Broncos (0-2) (Last Week: 21): Refs did not blow the game.
29. Cincinnati Bengals (0-2) (Last Week: 27): Andy Dalton’s last chance.
30. New York Jets (0-2) (Last Week: 22): Mono stole their season.
31. New York Giants (0-2) (Last Week: 28): It’s too early for Daniel Jones.
32. Miami Dolphins (0-2) (Last Week: 32): Trade who wants out and rebuild.